Jobs & Internships
Are you interested in helping others build a better world? Would you like to bring your skills and experience to a growing nonprofit that is dedicated to boosting the capacity of nonprofits across Washington state? Does challenging and rewarding work in a supportive, flexible work environment with colleagues passionate about service sound like something you’d enjoy? Then, consider becoming a member of our team!
At 501 Commons, we strive to provide nonprofits with exceptional programs and managed services that support their organizational mission and needs so that they can go out and make a difference in our local community and the world. It takes every member of our committed staff to make this happen!
In return for our staff’s expertise and commitment, we offer a supportive, friendly and team-oriented environment as reflected in our Team Charter. Our benefits include:
• Flexible work schedule
• Ability to work remotely (dependent upon position)
• Competitive health benefits that include medical, dental, vision and life insurance options
• 401(k) retirement plan
• Generous paid time off (PTO)
501 Commons is an equal-opportunity employer. We seek to recruit persons of diverse backgrounds and support the retention and advancement of diverse persons within the organization. We believe that having a board, staff, and volunteer corps with diverse personal and professional backgrounds enhances our ability to meet our mission.
501 Commons is committed to providing an inclusive workplace that includes people of diverse backgrounds and fully utilizes their talents to achieve its mission. We are committed to fostering and supporting a workplace culture inclusive of people regardless of their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, marital status, age, physical abilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs or any other non-merit fact, so that all employees feel included, equally valued and supported.
To apply for any of the below openings, please email a cover letter and resume, with the position title in the subject line, to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Current Openings (see descriptions below)
- Technology Project Manager & Salesforce Consultant
- Network Administrator I
- Financial Services Associate
In order to effectively serve their clients and perform their missions, nonprofit organizations need to make effective use of information technology. However, many of them lack the training, knowledge or support they need to do so. This is where we step in, and this is where you can help. As a key member of our Technology Services team, the Project Manager & Salesforce Consultant will work to help nonprofits meet their missions by providing Salesforce administration and training, and driving client-specific implementation as well as ongoing system improvements. You will provide similar services internally for 501 Commons.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2+ years in IT as a developer, consultant, business analyst or systems administrator
- 1+ years as a Salesforce Administrator; Salesforce.com Certified Administrator or Developer a plus
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations
- Experience creating documentation for requirements, design, test, and training
- Open source Website CMS experience a plus (especially Plone, WordPress, Drupal)
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and organize information, work independently and use good judgment
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others and display diplomatic and strong communication skills with colleagues and client stakeholders
- Self-manage and adapt to changing priorities as needed
- Adept with multiple software systems and willing to learn new products
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Technology Project Manager in the subject line. Applications without cover letter will not be accepted.
The Network Administrator I is responsible for helping 501 Commons clients achieve stable technology environments by providing Tier 2 support by phone, email and remote access. This position is one of the advanced levels of support for client servers and infrastructure delivering both reactive and proactive support and maintenance of critical systems. Effective listening and communication skills are essential to respond to diverse clients with urgent needs and various levels of technical understanding. As a member of the Technology Services team, this position interacts regularly with other technicians and consultants. There are opportunities for ongoing peer and self-learning in a supportive, service-oriented environment.
- Associates degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Technology, related field of study, or equivalent work experience.
- 6 or more years’ experience in local and wide area networking technologies
- Experience providing customer support over the telephone and/or remotely
- Leadership experience in coordinating the projects and activities
- Prior volunteer or work experience in the nonprofit sector preferred
- Technical Skills
- Knowledge of LAN, Wi-Fi, VPN, and Internet connectivity products (hubs, switches, routers, firewalls) and their installation, configuration, and support
- Practical experience automating IT environments including the use of relevant scripting languages such as batch files, Visual Basic and PowerShell
- Strong knowledge of implementation, migration, and support of Microsoft Windows client and server networking environments
- Experience with small business systems and applications, such as Microsoft server products – preferably Windows Small Business Server, but also including Windows Server and Exchange Server
- Proficiency working with and supporting Microsoft Office suite in a networked environment
- Proficiency working with and supporting Microsoft Office online services, particularly Exchange Online and SharePoint Online
- Strong working knowledge of server and client-side protection strategies against viruses, malware, and spam
- Experience working with applications and processes for managing computer workgroups, including desktop imaging and lockdown solutions
- Familiarity with nonprofit applications for fund raising, financial management, and event coordination is a plus
- MTA/MCTS, CCENT/CCNA, A+/Network+
- Valid WA driver’s license
See a full job description here.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with Network Administrator I in the subject line. Applications without cover letter will not be accepted.
The bookkeeper serves as a part of 501 Commons’ Financial Services program team. This position will be responsible for providing bookkeeping and basic accounting services to diverse group of small and medium sized non-profits in the Puget Sound area. The Bookkeeper completes basic accounting and accounting projects as assigned by the Senior Bookkeeper or Financial Services Program Manager. Completed work is reviewed by at least the Senior Bookkeeper.
- Previous bookkeeping experience and/ or relevant education.
- Previous experience with non-profit organizations – a plus.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Basic knowledge of laws, tax codes, government regulations and agency rules
See the full job description here.
501 Commons is looking for highly motivated, talented, professional individuals for our ever growing financial services division. The Program Associate will be responsible for providing bookkeeping and intermediate accounting services to small and medium sized non-profits in the Puget Sound area.
Financial Services Program Manager or Senior Financial Services Associate assign individual Associates to clients, monitor Associate & Bookkeeper performance, and provide general support to Associates & Bookkeepers. All Program Associates will have regular access to an experienced CPA who can assist with challenging problems or answer difficult questions.
- Delivers bookkeeping service consistent with the particular client engagement
- Adheres to 501 Commons’ accounting and customer service standards
- Records regular transactions including payments and receipts
- Processes payroll including tax payments and reporting
- Produces basic financial statements, budgets, and other financial documents
- Reconciles accounts
- Proactively communicates potential client engagement issues or opportunities to management
- Maintains effective systems of controls to account for all receipts and expenditures of funds
- Assures compliance of client organizations with tax and reporting requirements
- Participates in client accounting projects, consulting, and clean up
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 2-3 years of bookkeeping experience, preferably with nonprofit organizations or equivalent certification
- Expert knowledge of QuickBooks 2013 or later and Excel 2010 or later preferred
- Experience processing payroll including tax withholding and reporting, preferably within QuickBooks
- At least an intermediate knowledge of accounting concepts; AA or BA degree in accounting highly desirable
See the Financial Services Association full position description.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Financial Services Associate in the subject line. Applications without cover letter will not be accepted.