Are you interested in helping others build a better world? Would you like to bring your skills and experience to a growing nonprofit that is dedicated to boosting the capacity of nonprofits across Washington state? Does challenging and rewarding work in a supportive, flexible work environment with colleagues passionate about service sound like something you’d enjoy? Then, consider becoming a member of our team!
At 501 Commons, we strive to provide nonprofits with exceptional programs and managed services that support their organizational mission and needs so that they can go out and make a difference in our local community and the world. It takes every member of our committed staff to make this happen!
In return for our staff’s expertise and commitment, we offer a supportive, friendly and team-oriented environment as reflected in our Team Charter. Our benefits include:
• Flexible work schedule
• Ability to work remotely (dependent upon position)
• Competitive health benefits that include medical, dental, vision and life insurance options
• 401(k) retirement plan
• Generous paid time off (PTO)
501 Commons is an equal-opportunity employer. We seek to recruit persons of diverse backgrounds and support the retention and advancement of diverse persons within the organization. We believe that having a board, staff, and volunteer corps with diverse personal and professional backgrounds enhances our ability to meet our mission.
501 Commons is committed to providing an inclusive workplace that includes people of diverse backgrounds and fully utilizes their talents to achieve its mission. We are committed to fostering and supporting a workplace culture inclusive of people regardless of their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, marital status, age, physical abilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs or any other non-merit fact, so that all employees feel included, equally valued and supported.
To apply for any of the below openings, please email a cover letter and resume, with the position title in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please. We look forward to hearing from you!
Current Openings (see descriptions below)
- Senior Financial Services Associate
- Support Line Technician
Senior Financial Services Associate
In order to effectively serve the community and build a better world, nonprofit organizations need to effectively understand and manage their finances. However, many of them lack the training, knowledge, or support they need to do so. This is where we step in, and this is where you can help. The Senior Financial Services Associate is a key position on 501 Commons’ Financial Services team and functions as a senior accountant or finance manager in the offices of several of our nonprofit partners.
This is a customer-focused role with a lot of client interaction, so a passion for working with people in addition to numbers is essential. It is also important to be able to carry a big-picture perspective regarding client organizations and their needs while providing assistance to them.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. He or she must be able to perform well under pressure and respond positively to change and shifting priorities. The ideal candidate is also an independent thinker and self-starter who anticipates needs and is able to quickly prioritize tasks.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of four years of accounting experience in a nonprofit environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related field (CPA a plus)
- Proficiency in QuickBooks and MS Excel
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, fund accounting, GAAP, nonprofit accounting, laws, tax codes, government regulations, and best practices
- Demonstrated track record of success in delegating tasks while maintaining best practices in financial controls
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to pay attention to detail and maintain confidentiality
- Reliable transportation for travel to nonprofit clients
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with Senior Financial Services Associate in the email subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!
The Support Line Technician is responsible for helping 501 Commons clients achieve stable technology environments by providing Tier I help desk support by phone, email and remote access. This position is one of the preliminary levels of support for client desktops, printers and infrastructure. Effective listening and communication skills are essential to respond to diverse clients with urgent needs and various levels of technical understanding. As a member of the Technology Services team, this position interacts regularly with other technicians and consultants. There are opportunities for ongoing peer and self-learning in a supportive, service-oriented environment.
- Associates degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Technology, related field of study, or equivalent work experience.
- 3 or more years’ experience in local and wide area networking technologies
- Experience providing customer support over the telephone, and/or remotely
- Leadership experience in coordinating projects or activities
- Prior volunteer or work experience in the nonprofit sector preferred
- Technical Skills
- Knowledge of LAN, Wi-Fi, VPN, and Internet connectivity products (hubs, switches, routers, firewalls) and their installation, configuration, and support
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows client and server networking environments
- Experience with small business systems and applications, such as Microsoft server products – preferably Windows Small Business Server, but also including Windows Server and Exchange Server
- Proficiency working with and supporting Microsoft Office online services, particularly Exchange Online and SharePoint Online
- Strong working knowledge of server and client-side protection strategies against viruses, malware, and spam
- Experience working with applications and processes for managing computer workgroups, including desktop imaging and lockdown solutions
- Familiarity with nonprofit applications for fund raising, financial management, and event coordination is a plus
- MTA/MCTS, CCENT/CCNA, A+/Network+
- Great communication skills with clients and peers alike
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Support Line Technician" in the subject line. Applications without cover letter will not be accepted.