Jobs & Internships
Are you interested in helping others build a better world? Would you like to bring your skills and experience to a growing nonprofit that is dedicated to boosting the capacity of nonprofits across Washington state? Does challenging and rewarding work in a supportive, flexible work environment with colleagues passionate about service sound like something you’d enjoy? Then, consider becoming a member of our team!
At 501 Commons, we strive to provide nonprofits with exceptional programs and managed services that support their organizational mission and needs so that they can go out and make a difference in our local community and the world. It takes every member of our committed staff to make this happen!
In return for our staff’s expertise and commitment, we offer a supportive, friendly and team-oriented environment as reflected in our Team Charter. Our benefits include:
• Flexible work schedule
• Ability to work remotely (dependent upon position)
• Competitive health benefits that include medical, dental, vision and life insurance options
• 401(k) retirement plan
• Generous paid time off (PTO)
501 Commons is an equal-opportunity employer. We seek to recruit persons of diverse backgrounds and support the retention and advancement of diverse persons within the organization. We believe that having a board, staff, and volunteer corps with diverse personal and professional backgrounds enhances our ability to meet our mission.
501 Commons is committed to providing an inclusive workplace that includes people of diverse backgrounds and fully utilizes their talents to achieve its mission. We are committed to fostering and supporting a workplace culture inclusive of people regardless of their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, marital status, age, physical abilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs or any other non-merit fact, so that all employees feel included, equally valued and supported.
To apply for any of the below openings, please email a cover letter and resume, with the position title in the subject line, to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Current Openings (see descriptions below)
The Client Engagement Specialist provides administrative and project support to the Financial Services and Human Resources programs. They are responsible for assuring that new service inquiries are promptly and appropriately responded to and go through a defined intake process. The position also provides some executive assistance for the Finance Director, Human Resources Manager and Financial Services Manager. This is a great opportunity for an individual looking to gain experience and further develop their career in Financial Services or Human Resources management.
- Demonstrates good active listening skills with diverse audiences, including clients, peers, volunteers and supervisors.
- Effectively communicates with clients, peers and supervisors in written and /or spoken forms that are timely and complete
- Maintains and demonstrates a customer focus consistent with 501 Commons’ values
- Uses good time and project management skills, demonstrated by meeting or exceeding deadlines, maintaining an accurate work calendar and sufficiently anticipating tasks’ duration.
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize them and point out conflicting demands.
- Uses an organized and structured approach toward task and project completion
- Fosters strong professional relationships with clients, peers, and supervisors
See a full job description here.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Client Engagement Specialist in the subject line. Applications without cover letter will not be accepted.
The Network Administrator I is responsible for helping 501 Commons clients achieve stable technology environments by providing Tier 2 support by phone, email and remote access. This position is one of the advanced levels of support for client servers and infrastructure delivering both reactive and proactive support and maintenance of critical systems. Effective listening and communication skills are essential to respond to diverse clients with urgent needs and various levels of technical understanding. As a member of the Technology Services team, this position interacts regularly with other technicians and consultants. There are opportunities for ongoing peer and self-learning in a supportive, service-oriented environment.
- Associates degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Technology, related field of study, or equivalent work experience.
- 6 or more years’ experience in local and wide area networking technologies
- Experience providing customer support over the telephone and/or remotely
- Leadership experience in coordinating the projects and activities
- Prior volunteer or work experience in the nonprofit sector preferred
- Technical Skills
- Knowledge of LAN, Wi-Fi, VPN, and Internet connectivity products (hubs, switches, routers, firewalls) and their installation, configuration, and support
- Practical experience automating IT environments including the use of relevant scripting languages such as batch files, Visual Basic and PowerShell
- Strong knowledge of implementation, migration, and support of Microsoft Windows client and server networking environments
- Experience with small business systems and applications, such as Microsoft server products – preferably Windows Small Business Server, but also including Windows Server and Exchange Server
- Proficiency working with and supporting Microsoft Office suite in a networked environment
- Proficiency working with and supporting Microsoft Office online services, particularly Exchange Online and SharePoint Online
- Strong working knowledge of server and client-side protection strategies against viruses, malware, and spam
- Experience working with applications and processes for managing computer workgroups, including desktop imaging and lockdown solutions
- Familiarity with nonprofit applications for fund raising, financial management, and event coordination is a plus
- MTA/MCTS, CCENT/CCNA, A+/Network+
- Valid WA driver’s license
See a full job description here.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with Network Administrator I in the subject line. Applications without cover letter will not be accepted.
The bookkeeper serves as a part of 501 Commons’ Financial Services program team. This position will be responsible for providing bookkeeping and basic accounting services to diverse group of small and medium sized non-profits in the Puget Sound area. The Bookkeeper completes basic accounting and accounting projects as assigned by the Senior Bookkeeper or Financial Services Program Manager. Completed work is reviewed by at least the Senior Bookkeeper.
- Previous bookkeeping experience and/ or relevant education.
- Previous experience with non-profit organizations – a plus.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Basic knowledge of laws, tax codes, government regulations and agency rules
See the full job description here.