Jobs & Internships
Equal Opportunity Employer & Diversity Statement
501 Commons is an equal-opportunity employer and seeks to recruit persons of diverse backgrounds and to support the retention and advancement of diverse persons within the organization. We believe that having a board, staff, and volunteer corps with diverse personal and professional backgrounds enhances our ability to meet our mission.
501 Commons is committed to providing an inclusive workplace that attracts people of diverse backgrounds and fully utilizes their talents to achieve its mission. We are committed to fostering and supporting a workplace culture inclusive of people regardless of their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, marital status, age, physical abilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs or any other non-merit fact, so that all employees feel equally valued and supported.
501 Commons is currently accepting applications for a Financial Services Associate.
Financial Services Associate
This position serves as an intermediate level accountant under 501 Commons’ Financial Services program. The Program Associate will be responsible for providing bookkeeping and intermediate accounting services to small and medium sized non-profits in the Puget Sound area.
501 Commons’ Director of Finance or Senior Financial Services Associate assign individual Associates to clients, monitor Associate & Bookkeeper performance, and provide general support to Associates & Bookkeepers. All Program Associates will have regular access to an experienced CPA who can assist with challenging problems or answer difficult questions. Download the complete job description here.
STATUS: This is a part-time to full-time position with flexible hours.
- 2-3 years of bookkeeping experience with nonprofit organizations.
- Expert knowledge of QuickBooks 2009 or later and Excel 2003 or later.
- Experience managing and processing payroll including tax withholding and reporting.
- Intermediate knowledge of accounting concepts. AA or BA degree in accounting highly desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- A history of stable employment, low absenteeism, and achievement in personal endeavors as well as in the workplace.
- Access to reliable transportation.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with Financial Services Associate in the subject line. Resumes without cover letter will not be accepted.