501 Commons has a diverse membership of more than 200 organizations, ranging from grassroots to larger organizations. Organizations do not have to be a member of 501 Commons to use our services; however, membership offers your organization discounts of 10-25% off of all 501 Commons’ services, trainings and events. Through membership you will also receive monthly newsletters and notices with information on new, free, and discounted programs and services provided by 501 Commons as well as our partner organizations.
Why Become a Member?
Lower prices on services, trainings, and events: We offer these benefits because we believe collaborating with partner organizations has a greater impact on the communities we serve.
Whether you contract for our Technology Infrastructure Services, Human Resources, Financial Services, are a “frequent flyer” using our consulting services, or attending our events and workshops, being a member saves you money and ensures that you receive information about programs and services that can help you succeed in your mission.
Our membership fees operate on a sliding scale based on your organization's annual budget. If you are one of nearly 100 organizations using ongoing services or are doing a technology or management consulting project with us, you can save a lot of money!
Let’s get down to brass tacks. Specifically, 501 Commons' membership includes the following:
- Access to discounted member rates for all 501 Commons' consulting services, such as:
- Technology consulting: database, network, web and technology strategy and planning
- Management consulting: board development, strategic planning, HR, financial services, etc.
- Coaching and executive advising
- Meeting facilitation
- Emergency planning
- Member rates for our Partner Services: which provide you will ongoing human resources, financial services, and technology support. This includes our Technology Infrastructure Services, Flexit database maintenance and support program, and website maintenance and development program.
- Discounted fees for trainings, convenings and events. Members of Washington Nonprofits, our state association for nonprofits, also receive a members discount on 501 Commons trainings, convenings and events.
- Receiving our monthly NEXUS Newsletter and quarterly Tech Do-Gooder newsletter.
- Invitation to our annual Techtacular event, which gathers some of the best and brightest from the tech and nonprofit sectors for a uniquely inspiring cocktail party.
In an effort to create a pricing structure that accommodates the range of sizes and budgets in the nonprofit community, 501 Commons' membership rates are based on a sliding-scale fee structure.
|Annual Budget||Annual Dues|
|$100,000 - $499,999||$100|
|$500,000 - $1,499,999||$200|
|$1,500,000 - $4,999,999||$400|
|$5,000,000 or more||$500|