Are you interested in helping others build a better world? Would you like to bring your skills and experience to a growing nonprofit that is dedicated to boosting the capacity of nonprofits across Washington state? Does challenging and rewarding work in a supportive, flexible work environment with colleagues passionate about service sound like something you’d enjoy? Then, consider becoming a member of our team!
At 501 Commons, we strive to provide nonprofits with exceptional programs and managed services that support their organizational mission and needs so that they can go out and make a difference in our local community and the world. It takes every member of our committed staff to make this happen!
Our organization values and depends on our staff’s expertise and commitment. We offer a supportive, friendly and team-oriented environment as reflected in our Team Charter. Our benefits include:
- Flexible work schedule
- Ability to work remotely (dependent upon position)
- Competitive health benefits that include medical, dental, vision and life insurance options
- Access to a 401(k) retirement plan
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
An inclusive and supportive work culture
501 Commons is an equal-opportunity employer. We actively recruit persons of diverse backgrounds and support the retention and advancement of diverse persons within the organization. We believe that having a board, staff, and volunteer corps with diverse personal and professional backgrounds enhances our ability to meet our mission and creates a vibrant environment where individuals can learn, grow and thrive.
501 Commons is committed to providing an inclusive workplace that includes people of diverse backgrounds and fully utilizes their talents to achieve its mission. We are committed to fostering and supporting a workplace culture inclusive of people regardless of their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, marital status, age, physical abilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs or any other non-merit fact, so that all employees feel included, equally valued and supported.
Join our Team!
To apply for any of the below openings, please email a cover letter and resume, with the position title in the subject line, to email@example.com. No calls, please. We look forward to hearing from you!
Current Openings (see descriptions below)
Program Manager, Arts & Development
Many nonprofit organizations lack the resources necessary to fully achieve their missions. 501 Commons bridges that gap by offering a variety of consulting services in areas such as management, strategic planning, leadership development, financial management, human resources, and technology.
The Program Manager supports the successful delivery of two programs:
- Catalyst is an action-learning program where a cohort of participants identify barriers to fundraising success, plan for effective internal fund development systems, strengthen staff and board fundraising efforts, and create a compelling case statement for increased fundraising success.
- Springboard for Arts and Culture organizations helps participants develop the ability to quickly identify and address organizational problems, spot opportunities, and create an actionable capacity building plan to measure organizational success.
In both programs, participating organizations set priorities and make important improvements with the help of 501 Commons consultants, while learning and sharing with peers. The position brings knowledge and insight to the process of discerning the client’s issues and requirements.
The Program Manager recruits nonprofit organization and identifies consultants for the cohort. The Program Manager ensures that the work products are high quality and complete. This is a highly dynamic position that involves exposure to a wide variety of client organizations and building relationships with a talented group of skilled volunteers.
Additionally, this role is responsible for supporting the Director of Community Engagement & Business Development in realizing the successful execution of major organizational fundraising events and other fund development efforts.
Click here to view the full Program Manager, Arts & Development position description.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Program Manager, Arts & Development in the email subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!
Volunteer and Programs Support Coordinator
The Volunteer and Programs Support Coordinator position at 501 Commons provides administrative and programmatic support to the Volunteer Engagement, Management Consulting and Community Engagement teams. They often act as the first interface with stakeholders and are responsible for stewarding involvement through effective communication, attention to detail, and excellent follow through. They serve as a critical founding block for all services delivered by volunteers!
Service Corps Support (50%)
Provide programmatic and administrative support to the Service Corps Director and program managers who recruit Service Corps members to participate in their programs.
- Support Service Corps Director in the intake, screening and scheduling of interviews for new Service Corps candidates.
- Manage online listings and support community outreach to help recruit new Service Corps members.
- Assist in the planning and execution of events and campaigns for volunteer recruitment and recognition.
- Maintain ongoing correspondence and respond to inquiries from Service Corps members.
- Update and maintain accurate Service Corps records in the Salesforce database.
- Ensure receipt and documentation of volunteer hours.
- Fulfill requests by program managers and others for targeted Salesforce lists to match volunteer skill sets for specific project openings.
- Support volunteer matching by sharing knowledge of volunteer interests/expertise.
- Provide logistical support for 501 Connects and Learn to Serve events.
- Facilitate annual volunteer evaluation and reporting.
- Update and maintain Engage section of website.
- Other duties as assigned.
Management Consulting Programs Support (40%)
Provide programmatic and administrative support for board trainings, volunteer engagement consulting services, and action learning programs including Springboard, Catalyst, and Volunteer Manager Corps.
- Support recruitment and onboarding of new clients and volunteers.
- Enter and maintain records for all program stakeholders.
- Support logistics and setup of program-related events including managing registration, venue and refreshment arrangements, materials preparation, follow-up and more.
- Set up and monitor Basecamp accounts in order to maintain communication with project teams and facilitate necessary support.
- Provide document review and editing support as needed.
- Manage process for soliciting feedback from both clients and volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Fund Development Support (10%)
Provide general administrative support to the Director of Community Engagement and Business Development.
- Assist in the planning and execution of events and campaigns for fundraising initiatives.
- Represent 501 Commons at conferences and other events in order to increase community connections.
- Record donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
- Organize and maintain donor files in a Salesforce database.
- Prepare database reports as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Click here to view the full Volunteer and Programs Support Coordinator position description.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with Volunteer and Programs Support Coordinator in the email subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!
Program Manager, IT Infrastructure Services
In order to successfully serve their clients and perform their missions, nonprofit organizations need to effectively manage their technology infrastructure. However, many of them lack the training, knowledge or support they need to do so. This is where we step in, and this is where you can help. The IT Infrastructure Program Manager is a key position on 501 Commons’ Technology Services team, helping nonprofits harness the power of technology to expand the reach and impact of their services. Through strategy, planning, development, and ongoing support of technology solutions, we catalyze significant improvement in the nonprofit sector by leading the way to more innovative use of technology.
This is a customer-focused role with a lot of client interaction, so a passion for working with people is essential. It is also important to be able to carry a big-picture perspective regarding client organizations and their needs while providing assistance to them.
In addition to the following essential duties and responsibilities, the IT Infrastructure Program Manager assumes other responsibilities as appropriate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform well under pressure and respond positively to change and shifting priorities. The ideal candidate is also an independent thinker and self-starter who has foresight and ability to anticipate needs. He/she must be a creative problem-solver and proactive decision-maker.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 7-10 years of solid experience in local and wide area networking technologies:
- LAN, Wi-Fi, VPN, and Internet connectivity products (hubs, switches, routers, firewalls) and their installation, configuration, and support
- Implementation, migration, and support of Microsoft Windows client and server networking environments
- Configuring and supporting enterprise-class security devices, such as Cisco, SonicWall, and Watchguard
- Experience with small business and/or nonprofit systems and applications:
- Implementation and support of Microsoft server products including Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange, and SQL Server
- Cloud platforms including Office 365, Google Apps, Box.com, Dropbox
- Microsoft Office suite in a networked environment
- Server and client-side protection strategies against viruses, malware, and spam
- Designing, implementing, and testing robust automated backup solutions
- Applications and processes for managing computer workgroups, including desktop imaging and lockdown solutions
- Nonprofit applications for fundraising, financial management, and event coordination is a plus
- Ability to manage client procurement processes for hardware and software systems and related data communications service provider contracts
- Demonstrated success in project management
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience
- Passionate about the ability of technology to transform the nonprofit sector
- Proven ability to identify trends, develop strategies, and implement solutions
- Self-starter who possesses exceptional time management skills and has great attention to detail; must act independently and be self-motivated to prioritize and manage projects to meet deadlines
- Develops rapport quickly; must be a well-respected, trusted partner with whom other team members want to collaborate.
- Driven to exceed client and project goals, while contributing to a successful team
- Able to present technical information through spoken or written communications to diverse audiences in understandable terms
- Strong customer-service and relationship management skills, including discussing difficult subjects, setting and meeting expectations, and negotiating contracts
Click here to view the full Program Manager, IT Infrastructure Services position description.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with IT Infrastructure Program Manager in the email subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!