Are you interested in helping others build a better world? Would you like to bring your skills and experience to a growing nonprofit that is dedicated to boosting the capacity of nonprofits across Washington state? Does challenging and rewarding work in a supportive, flexible work environment with colleagues passionate about service sound like something you’d enjoy? Then, consider becoming a member of our team!
At 501 Commons, we strive to provide nonprofits with exceptional programs and managed services that support their organizational mission and needs so that they can go out and make a difference in our local community and the world. It takes every member of our committed staff to make this happen!
Our organization values and depends on our staff’s expertise and commitment. We offer a supportive, friendly and team-oriented environment as reflected in our Team Charter. Our benefits include:
- Flexible work schedule
- Ability to work remotely (dependent upon position)
- Competitive health benefits that include medical, dental, vision and life insurance options
- Assess to a 401(k) retirement plan
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
An inclusive and supportive work culture
501 Commons is an equal-opportunity employer. We actively recruit persons of diverse backgrounds and support the retention and advancement of diverse persons within the organization. We believe that having a board, staff, and volunteer corps with diverse personal and professional backgrounds enhances our ability to meet our mission and creates a vibrant environment where individuals can learn, grow and thrive.
501 Commons is committed to providing an inclusive workplace that includes people of diverse backgrounds and fully utilizes their talents to achieve its mission. We are committed to fostering and supporting a workplace culture inclusive of people regardless of their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, marital status, age, physical abilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs or any other non-merit fact, so that all employees feel included, equally valued and supported.
Join our Team!
To apply for any of the below openings, please email a cover letter and resume, with the position title in the subject line, to email@example.com. No calls, please. We look forward to hearing from you!
Current Openings (see descriptions below)
- Consulting Services Manager (Management Consulting)
- Part-time Human Resources Generalist
Consulting Services Manager
The Consulting Services Manager is responsible for the engagement of 501 Commons Executive Service Corps members, staff or consultants on management consulting projects. The position brings knowledge and insight to the process of discerning the client’s issues and requirements.
The Consulting Services Manager identifies the consultants for the project and orchestrates the development of the project scope and timeline. Once the project is accepted and launched, the Consulting Services Manager ensures that the contract is fulfilled and that the final work products are high quality and complete. This is a highly dynamic position that involves exposure to a wide variety of client organizations and building relationships with a talented group of skilled volunteers.
The ideal candidate has a curious, entrepreneurial spirit, exemplified by a passion for learning about the nonprofit sector and enthusiasm for growing the management consulting practice. They are capable of building sustainable relationships with clients, volunteer consultants, and team members. Strong commitment to diversity and equity, along with cultural literacy and sensitivity are essential.
- Able to quickly grasp fundamental issues facing a client and devise an appropriate advisory solution.
- Knowledge of nonprofit consulting best practices and ability to adapt these practices to organizations of all sizes and stages of development.
- Highly developed emotional intelligence and sensitivity. Able to adapt to a wide range of consulting clients that are diverse culturally, in size, in mission-focus, and in geographic location.
- Strong organizational skills, with high attention to detail and follow-through.
- High level of independence, flexibility and decision-making capabilities.
- Great relationship building skills and ability to collaborate within various teams.
- Strong management skills and the ability to establish and ensure that that service corps members meet high standards of performance.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Consulting Services Manager in the email subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!
Part-time Human Resources Generalist
501 Commons provides a broad array of management support, technology and capacity building services to meet the needs of nonprofits. With almost 50 staff members, we are in a need for a dedicated HR generalist to handle internal recruitment, benefits administration and compliance. This is a great career opportunity for an experienced HR professional looking for a flexible, dynamic environment in the nonprofit sector.
This is a part-time, 20 hours a week flexible position.
The ideal candidate is well-versed in human resources management practices, yet open and willing to learn and adapt. They are an efficient problem solver, creative thinker, and are capable of creating rapport and trust among colleagues and leadership alike. A strong commitment to diversity, equity and social justice are essential.
- 2-4 years of experience as human resources generalist or similar capacity (or equivalent education)
- Proven track record in managing recruitment processes.
- Experience in nonprofit organizations as staff, volunteer or board member – highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of local and federal labor laws.
- Great listening and communication skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to work in a highly dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated administrative skills, accuracy, and attention to details
- Adept at Microsoft office and other technology systems
- Project management skills, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with HR Generalist in the email subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!