If you are a strategic thinker and find passion in developing, designing, and facilitating HR practices that promote better work environments and advance inclusion, diversity, equity, and access, join our HR team to help create a positive impact in our community. We are a team of professionals dedicated to understanding HR needs for our nonprofit clients and consulting with them about the best solutions to help their teams make a difference in the world.
We are looking for an experienced HR professional with solid knowledge of personnel policies, employment laws, coaching, and training in a diverse and dynamic environment. A successful consultant will have the right balance of leadership, teamwork, and individual expertise, see a vital mission in helping nonprofits thrive, and have excellent interpersonal, strategic, and organizational skills.
- Provide people and culture strategic thought partnership to organizational leaders.
- Provide consulting services to Human Resources clients by defining and adhering to work scope and timelines; planning and communicating status regularly with the program manager, clients, and team members; and offering quality advising on various HR topics.
- Research and analyze employee/operational data (compensation, turnover, benefit costs, etc.) to identify and respond to areas of concern.
- Manage multiple clients’ needs, including but not limited to ensuring compliance with federal, state, and city employment laws, minimizing risk, and identifying or developing resources.
- Advance and incorporate inclusion, diversity, equity, and access best practices into HR functions.
- Coach clients on employee relations and employment best practices and deliver trainings.
- Review, revise, and develop employment policies and handbooks in line with employment laws and best practices.
- Work closely with the Human Resources program team to ensure consistent HR practices across HR Partner organizations.
- Contribute to a culture and process of garnering best practices to build and contribute to the Human Resources program knowledge base collaboratively.
- Perform other duties as needed to ensure the effective operation of the HR Program.
Competencies and Qualifications
- 2 + years Human Resource Business Partner experience or 5 + years Human Resources Generalist or equivalent experience.
- Thorough knowledge of HR functions, laws, and best practices, including but not limited to workplace health and safety; wage and hour; compensation and benefits; anti-harassment/discrimination/retaliation; and leave laws.
- Experience initiating and leading Human Resources projects, balancing competing priorities.
- Passion for and commitment to learning, advancing and incorporating inclusion, diversity, equity, and access in HR best practices, including compensation, recruitment, hiring, performance management, retention, and culture change strategies.
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to work effectively with leaders and staff at all levels of the organization and with a wide range of clients, individually and in groups.
- Conveys information clearly in verbal and written form and demonstrates active listening skills.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and facilitation skills.
- Functions well in a team environment.
- Proficiency in computer operations, including Microsoft Office, Internet, and database administration.
- Reliable access to high-speed internet and remote office space during public health stay-at-home orders.
- Valid driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field of study, or equivalent work experience.
- Prior volunteer or work experience in the nonprofit sector.
- SHRM certified or willing to achieve SHRM certification within one year (paid for by 501 Commons upon successful completion).
- Project and process management skills with a demonstrated track record of delivering results.
- Ability to identify core issue(s) promptly; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; generates a range of solutions and courses of action; and resolves problems early.
- If your qualifications do not precisely match these requirements, but you think you are a good fit for the position, we still want to hear from you about why you would be a great addition to our team.