If you find yourself regularly diving in to solve problems that help people leverage technology effectively, we have an opportunity where you can make a real difference. This position is a great fit for an experienced IT Professional who invests in client success and enjoys working with nonprofits. 501 Commons offers the opportunity to work remotely or in-office, generous benefits, and paid time-off.
In this role, you will lead and transform nonprofits’ digital capabilities to enable new and flexible ways to interact with data. Your nimble problem-solving, leadership, learning agility and teamwork will help navigate the way for nonprofits to make innovative use of systems.
- Manage a client portfolio and build strong relationships with managed services clients
- Perform advanced computing support through scheduled visits by providing routine preventative maintenance, coaching, and troubleshooting
- Provide ongoing assessment of the client’s technology infrastructure
- Serve as a liaison between the client and their technology providers
- Create documentation that allows the client to reuse processes and procedures easily
- Support new business development activities, including needs assessment, project scoping, and client education
- Stay abreast of the latest technological changes in your focus area by attending training and reviewing current literature
- Occasionally participate in maintenance/on-call rotation by providing support for critical issues outside of regular business hours
Competencies and Qualifications
- 5 or more years managing client relationships
- 5 or more years directing IT operations, including: computer operations and maintenance, technology capacity, the implementation of local and wide area networking technologies for small business, and hands-on experience with Microsoft 365, Google Workspace, Microsoft Azure services
- 5 or more years with server and client-side protection strategies against viruses, malware
- Experience with ticketing system, backup solutions, and remote monitoring tools
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience with nonprofit organizations as a staff, volunteer, or board member
- Background working with diverse communities and teams
- Knowledge of system security practices
- Reliable transportation to commute to and from client locations
Success means you build strong relationship with clients, become a highly engaged member of the team, and bill 70% of your monthly time to client engagements.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, crouching, and climbing. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.