Are you an experienced nonprofit accountant who is looking to make a noticeable impact in our region? Join our team! Our team of financial professionals use their skills each day to benefit the community, and you could join them in advancing and mentoring nonprofits on the path to financial success. In this Nonprofit Accountant position, you will collaborate directly with nonprofit leaders. Your knowledge of best practices, financial technology tools, and accounting functions will support these organizations in building a better world.
This position is an ideal fit for an experienced financial professional with strong communication skills and great analytical capabilities. We’re looking for someone who is a relationship-building who is attentive to details. If working toward a great mission as part of a diverse and warm work environment sounds like a match for you, we’d love to have you on our team! Our program is growing, so we’re open to considering both part-time or full-time candidates for this position. We offer great flexibility for when and where you work as well as generous paid time off and benefits.
- Consult and advise nonprofit organizations about best practices for financial operations including: budgeting, cash position and flow analysis, trend analysis, policies and procedures, and audit preparation
- Manage the accounting cycle and provide full charge bookkeeping support to ensure payroll, AP/AR functions, reconciliations, and financial statements are completed in a timely manner
- Determine, review, and create journal and adjusting entries as required and in accordance with accounting standards
- Develop and maintain financial processes and documentation that allow organizational leaders to make sound decisions
- Ensure compliance and reporting requirements are met
- Share knowledge and provide support to clients and other team members
- Minimum of 2-3 years of accounting experience within a nonprofit environment
- Associate degree in accounting or related field or commensurate experience
- Mastery of QuickBooks (desktop and online) and the MS Office Suite
- Strong and detailed knowledge of accounting principles: fund accounting, GAAP, nonprofit accounting, compliance requirements, and best practices
- Effective time management skills, as demonstrated by being self-directed in managing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines
- Ability to communicate accounting concepts in ways that can be easily understood by all audiences
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible in order to meet the needs of diverse organizations
- Committed to 501 Commons’ goals of equity and inclusion to build trusting relationships with clients and staff of diverse backgrounds
- CPA, CMA, EA or other certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
Are you interested but your background doesn’t quite match our qualifications? We want you to reach out and let us know why you think you are a great addition to our team!