Data Collection & Usage
When you voluntarily provide information through one of the contact forms listed below, we use your information to respond to your interest(s). We may also use it to alert you to opportunities we think you and/or your organization may be interested in.
The bulleted points below the forms note the specific uses of information related to the form used to contact us. To see what information is collected, visit the actual online forms by clicking on a link.
Internal Online Forms
- Follow-up with you regarding your inquiry about our services
- Provide you with the agreed-upon 501 Commons service(s), such as management or technology consulting; coaching or executive advising; financial, HR, or tech services; or information & referral support and then invoice you, as appropriate
- Contact you about programs, services, or trainings we provide, such as through our e-newsletter, Nexus, or other emails
- If contracted services are provided, we post the name of your organization to our online list of clients
Current Technology Clients - Help Desk Form (for contracted tech clients only)
- Follow-up with you regarding your inquiry about our technology services
- Provide you with the agreed-upon technology support and then invoice you
Application for Statewide Nonprofit Referral Directory (for consultants & other nonprofit specialists only)
- Evaluate your application for being included in the Resource Directory
- If approved, post the information provided to our online list of service providers and invoice you for the listing and referral service
- When we are making referrals to nonprofit, discuss your qualifications, services, and/or feedback gathered during reference checks
- Evaluate your application to become an approved Nonprofit Essentials Training (NET) trainer
- Evaluate your application to become a member of the Volunteer Manager Corps
- Evaluate your application to become a member of the Executive Service Corps of Washington or a 501 Commons volunteer
- If you are approved as a service corps member, your name will be listed on our online list of service corps members, unless you request that it not be
- The names of those who endorse this plan for enhancing the impact of volunteers in Washington State are listed on our Washington Serves Plan page
External Online Forms
501 Commons also collects information provided through two external online forms:
Online invoice payment & use of information collected for us by Intuit (actual Intuit form varies depending on the purpose of payment)
- Identify and receive payment for 501 Commons’ services, such as those here, or for approval and listing in the Statewide Nonprofit Resource Directory.
- Identify online donors and receive payment in the amount of their gift(s)
- Acknowledgement to donors of our receipt and appreciation for their donation. Donor names may be listed in organizational materials. Please advise us if you would rather not be recognized in this way.
In addition to the above forms, and as a means to improve our website, we also use Google Analytics anonymous tracking features to monitor website activity. But, as just noted, no personally identifiable information is collected in this process.
Information gathered from the forms listed above is safeguarded by being stored in password-protected databases, including our CRM and our financial records. Passwords are revoked when staff leave 501 Commons. All staff are expected to protect the privacy of our clients, volunteers, donors, applicants, and listed providers and trainers.
Attn: Director of Administrative Services
Pacific Tower, Suite 1101
1200 12th Avenue South
Seattle, WA 98144-2712
When you contact us about reviewing your information and/or making any changes to it, you may be required to provide us with some details to verify your identity. Depending on the request, we may also need to do additional verification checking before proceeding.
Thank you for visiting our website.
Last updated: September 11, 2014