Do this by logging in to your account and updating your profile from last year. If you’ve never participated in GiveBIG before, create a new account and apply to join. Visit the website to learn more about expanded eligibility, key dates, registration fees, and the registration process.
Many 2020 changes came from suggestions by last year's participants and our Advisory Council members. Thank you for your great ideas!
New Donor Options
- Organizations can give donors the option to say they want to volunteer and make a pledge of volunteer hours.
- Donors can give through their IRA, as well as through a Donor Advised Fund
- Organizations can promote custom donation levels with specific results (e.g. $100 sends a child to a three-day summer camp, $25 buys a child 4 books, etc.).
Donor Engagement Events
- Nonprofits can promote events during Early Giving or on Giving Day. We are especially encouraging GiveBIG Rally events on the Saturday before May 6.
- Businesses can serve as Giving Day Boosters, plan and post events, and promote GiveBIG to their employees and customers.
CiviCore Platform Improvements
- The registration process is simplified and the interface has been improved.
- Organizations can set and track fundraising goals.
- Donations to FUNdraising (peer-to-peer) pages are visible during Early Giving.
- Organizations no longer approve FUNdraising pages, so they can be edited up until giving day.
- Donor matching funds can be edited until midnight on GiveBIG day. You can add last-minute matches or deploy a match any time throughout the day!
Sponsors and Media Partners
Our partner, Encore Media Group, will have some new twists to the public campaign this year too. Last year they did a terrific job of leveraging our advertising budget into three times its value through in-kind donations from our media partners. Encore makes an in-kind donation of $50,000 in advertising to promote GiveBIG in the playbills and programs they produce for area arts organizations.
We are excited about our current sponsors and are working to bring in additional sponsors. The largest sponsorship comes from 501 Commons dedicating $50,000 of a general operating grant we received from the Satterberg Foundation to GiveBIG.