The Seattle Foundation
Many of these grants are offered on a rolling basis.
- Benjamin N. Phillips Memorial Fund – Supports organizations based in Clallam County. Contact Claire Bishop at (206) 799-8563 or firstname.lastname@example.org to see if this is a good fit. Application deadline is May 31, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
- Vibrant Democracy Initiative – Nonprofit partnerships can apply for up to $30,000 to fund projects that increase the civic voice and participation of underrepresented communities. These one-time investments are awarded to emerging coalitions for the purpose of strengthening these relationships and reducing the equity gap. Grants proposals are accepted on a rolling basis.
- Neighbor to Neighbor (N2N) – Supports grassroots efforts to increase engagement, power, and influence of community members affected by poverty and racial disparities. Offered on a quarterly basis, the next application deadline is July 15.
- The Whitehorse Foundation – Seeks to improve the quality of life for Snohomish County residents by focusing on programs that aim to prevent problems/challenges. Letters of inquiry are accepted throughout the year.
Social Justice Fund Northwest
SJF provides essential resources to organizations in Washington and other states to strengthen grassroots efforts in the broad-based movement for progressive, systemic social change. They’re hosting a prospective grantee webinar on Wednesday, June 12 from 4:00 to 5:00 p.m. Email Magan Do at email@example.com to register.
Two upcoming grant opportunities include:
- Economic Justice (due July 10, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.) supports organizations and groups that work at the intersection of race, class, and gender to develop solutions that produce thriving and economically just communities.
- Criminal Justice (due Sept. 18, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.) funds work that addresses the systemic criminalization and disproportionate targeting of people of color and poor people.
4Culture Grants + Artist Calls
4Culture offers funding for King County-based arts organization in a variety of areas – including safeguarding history, professional development, protecting landmarks, and unforeseen emergencies – with deadlines happening throughout the year.