This topic will be explored in great detail at our next Nonprofit Staff Development Coalition workshop on Jan. 25. In the meantime, here are some helpful resources that will spur you to think about how inclusive your office is already and where you can improve.
- On Jan. 11 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (2100 Building, Seattle), Fleur Larsen and her co-presenters are hosting a workshop specifically to help supervisors and leaders deal with colleagues in a more equitable way. At “Leadership Skills for Workplace Diversity,” you’ll discuss how personal biases get in the way of being a great leader and what equity-focused HR practices can be implemented right away.
- The National Council of Nonprofits explains why diversity, inclusion, and equity matters for the nonprofit sector.
- Check out the Nonprofit Good Practice Guide’s resources on diversity and inclusion.
- Massachusetts-based TSNE MissionWorks provides a step-by-step guide on achieving a more diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Read “Race to Lead: Confronting the Nonprofit Racial Leadership Gap,” a lengthy report commissioned by the Building Movement Project that explores demographic findings in sector leadership roles. Hint, hint: We have a long way to go!