But how do you do that if you don’t have an expert graphic designer or videographer handy? Take a look at these free resources that can help you produce compelling content on a DIY-basis. A creative mind is required, but you don’t need an oversized budget to get things done.
- Watch this short video by 6162 Productions that shares 4 tips for creating impactful DIY videos.
- Creating professional-looking social media, website, and email graphics isn’t just for top-notch visual designers. Creative BBQ recommends several free software and apps that help you create beautifully-designed images/infographics/memes that get attention. We personally recommend Canva.com, which can be used on a desktop or mobile device.
- Believe it or not, you can create infographics using PowerPoint. Watch this lengthy video tutorial (part 1 and part 2) that packs a punch. Peruse through the other videos on their YouTube channel for further tips.
- Everyone has a smartphone camera in their pocket, but not everyone has access to professional photo editing software like Adobe Photoshop. Use free online apps like Pixlr.com, LunaPic.com, or Adobe Photoshop Express (available for mobile or desktop download).
- You don’t need to be the next Ansel Adams to take compelling photographs that tell your organization’s story. Good360 shares 10 tips for taking better nonprofit photos that shine.