Whether you have an accountant on staff, work with a subcontractor, or outsource to a third-party (such as 501 Commons!), there are many factors that can complicate matters – such as changing laws, confusing jargon, updates to accounting software, or overlapping policies at the local and federal levels. This can understandably lead to headaches and frustration that nobody wants to deal with.
These resources can help you keep your nonprofit financial management practices in tiptop shape:
- See QuickBooks Made Easy’s YouTube channel for helpful “how-to” videos.
- Peruse through the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board’s library for best accounting practices.
- Important! Read the Financial Accounting Standards Board’s new financial reporting guidelines. Then, watch this videoproduced by The Nonprofit Quarterly that goes into further depth.
- Check out our list of financial management resources in our Tools & Best Practices section.
- GuideStar publishes nonprofit accounting blog posts that are both detailed and timely.