Developing your EQ will help you understand, manage, and effectively express feelings, as well as successfully engage and navigate the emotions of others.
EQ will be the topic of our next staff development workshop on Dec. 12. This training is especially relevant as nonprofit staff/leaders are increasingly engaging around topics like inclusion, racism, privilege, and sexual harassment. We’ve compiled materials to help you understand how you can increase your EQ.
- First, read this blog post from Psychology Today that summarizes what EQ is all about.
- Then, check out the Harvard Business Review’s article on how to boost your (and others’) EQ.
- In the mood for something shorter and to-the-point? Watch this quick video that explains the basics of what EQ means in the workplace.
- If you’re looking for more in-depth discussions about improving your EQ, check out these five compelling TED Talks from experts in the field.
- Digital.com has this helpful guide about EQ, including a downloadable EQ test.