We host quarterly Executive Director Forums at Pacific Tower for those of you who would like a safe and open environment to discuss pertinent issues with peers. Upcoming sessions are on October 6 and December 1. Please email Nancy Long at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a topic you would like to discuss.
In our Resource Directory we have links to articles and tools relating to leadership development. Here are some noteworthy destinations:
- Many of the organizations recommended by nonprofits and listed in our Directory also offer professional development training opportunities. We’ve compiled a list here.
- The Center for Ethical Leadership provides toolkits, publications, and spaces to facilitate productive conversations framed within their unique community-based collective leadership model.
- Check out Bridgespan’s Nonprofit Leadership Development Toolkit that’s rife with videos, stories, lessons, and actionable next-steps that can be taken immediately.
- Have you joined the ED Happy Hour Facebook group yet? It’s exactly what you expect it to be and more!
- Race to Lead – This recently published report explores the issues that have led to the leadership of nonprofits being overwhelmingly white.
- Although this report is six years old, CompassPoint surveyed 3,000 executive directors in “Daring to Lead 2011,” providing insight into issues such as executive transitions, financial sustainability, compensation, well-being, and demographics.