Posted Nov 25, 2019 10:41 AM
“Mindfulness” is the practice of focusing on your inner feelings and gaining a better understanding of how these feelings influence your thoughts, actions, sense of purpose, and interactions. It also serves a vital role in fueling our creative processes, taming anxiety, and effectively maneuvering through stressful situations in the workplace.
Take a look at these videos, audio clips, and written steps from professional trainers/authors that can guide you toward becoming more mindful, calm, and self-focused.
- Watch this short video hosted by WellCast that succinctly describes the cause of workplace stress and provides 3 simple steps to help you positively react to stress.
- Researchers at La Salle University and Drezel University have developed a Mindfulness Quiz that will inform you about what mindfulness is, how much you currently practice it, and how you can promote more of it in your life.
- New York Times best-selling author Brendon Burchard’s YouTube channel is full of inspirational videos. One in particular you should watch is How to Avoid Burnout.
- Listen to these audio recordings from Mindfulness Northwest that teach techniques for reducing stress and becoming more present-centered.
- The Center for Mindful Self-Compassion offers free audio clips and written instructions for practicing meditation exercises.