CiviCore will be The Seattle Foundation's new online fundraising partner and Amazon Web Services will provide support to prevent the technical issues that happened last year. CiviCore will:
- Allow donors to schedule donations in advance of May 10
- Give donors the option to pay processing fees (which increases the impact of their gifts)
- Make a reduced fee electronic check option available
“Dollars for Change” will make $250,000 in additional funds available to winners of random drawings. There will be greater emphasis on making sure small and mid-sized organizations receive these funds.
Here are some things that you need to do as soon as possible to benefit from GiveBIG 2017:
- If you did not participate last year, register by April 12 in order to join in this year. Watch this webinar that explains how you can do that step-by-step.
- Send your questions or concerns to: email@example.com. But make sure to check out their FAQ section first.
- Subscribe to The Seattle Foundation’s blog and “like” their Facebook page for updates.
Whether you’re new to GiveBIG or this is like putting on an old pair of sneakers, everyone can use a fresh reminder on how to make the most out of this momentous 24-hour fundraising campaign.
Here are some helpful resources to assist you in making GiveBIG a big success:
- The Case Foundation provides six tips for planning and executing a successful giving day.
- Whether it’s GiveBIG or #GivingTuesday, download Network for Good’s eBook to receive an overview of how to prepare for giving days. While most of the hard work for GiveBIG is being done by The Seattle Foundation, there’s a lot in the eBook to learn about fundraising.
- Giving Day Playbook spells out step-by-step how to host a giving day. It includes ideas of how to incorporate social media, volunteers, partners, and data metrics into your strategy.