New emergency preparedness website
501 Commons and Tech Impact have teamed up to launch a brand new website dedicated to helping organizations adapt their work practices in this unforeseen emergency.
Visit preparerespondserve.org for a list of resources and timely updates on how technology can be your friend in dealing with emergencies. We are providing guidance on how to prevent work disruptions, and stay connected to files, data, and colleagues while while some or all staff members are working remotely. We also provide advice on management practices and HR policies that support remote work.
Sign up for free email updates about technology tools, HR policies, and other practices helpful in pandemic, severe weather conditions, or other emergencies.
This free webinar was offered on March 18 to help your organization maintain a productive work environment when offices/program sites are being shut down or limited and people are self-quarantined because they are ill or may have been exposed to the virus. With the proper tools remote work can help you continue your mission.
Join us for a presentation and Q&A with technology experts about how to get the right technology in place and minimize disruptions. Sometimes this technology is already right at your fingertips.
The presenters will cover:
- Options for cloud productivity tools such as email and file sharing.
- Tech policies for people working remotely and using personal devices.
- Ways to start delivering programs and services remotely, in under a month.
- A few tips for sanitizing your tech devices (always a good idea!).
Other relevant 501 Commons services
- HR support. Work with our HR consultants to craft policies regarding telecommuting, sick leave, paid time-off, and emergency protocols.
- Technology consulting. Use remote work to reduce the risks of spreading illness. Learn more about implementing virtual workplace systems, communication/collaboration platforms, cloud storage, online databases, staff intranets, and other technologies.
- Free Information and Referral. Explore the Nonprofit Resource Directory for specialized consultants/service providers, and explore best practices in HR to help you take care of your staff.
- Quick Consults. Get professional guidance on issues for $25 per 15-minute increment. We will attempt to respond to you within 72 hours. This easy access program is for consultations only – not project work.