501 Commons is a member of the Alliance for Justice (AFJ), a national association of 130 organizations committed to creating a more equitable and free society. AFJ empowers nonprofits to speak up on important social issues.
On August 2, 501 Commons, Win/Win Network, and Asian Counseling and Referral Service are collaborating to bring AFJ back to Seattle for a full day of Bolder Advocacy training at Pacific Tower from 8:30 – 4:00.
- The morning session covers the basics of advocacy and lobbying, and includes a networking lunch.
- The afternoon session delves into coalitions, affiliations with 501(c)(3)s and 501(c)(4)s, political organizations, and unions.
Attendees can choose to attend one or both sessions.
Getting board members engaged is key to success in advocacy. Bring your board members to get them excited about advocacy and ensure that they know what they can – and cannot – do when representing your organization.
Not able to come to Seattle on August 2? Sign up for AFJ’s webinars. Each session is only $35 and lasts for an hour.
- How to Manage 501c3 and c4 Affiliated Projects and Coalitions – Tuesday, July 17, 11:00 a.m.
- Recordkeeping and Reporting for 501(c)(3) Organizations that Lobby – Tuesday, Sept. 25, 11:00 a.m.
- Maximizing the Power of Your 501(c)(4) Advocacy – Tuesday, Oct. 9, 11:00 a.m.
- Social Media Rules for 501(c)(3) Organizations – Thursday, Oct. 30, 11:00 a.m.
- Lobbying and Advocacy 101 – Thursday, Nov. 15, 11:00 a.m.
- Advocacy and Community Organizing: Evaluation and Capacity Building – Thursday, Dec. 13, 11:00 a.m.
Also see AFJ’s bountiful resources on how nonprofits can advocate to the public and to lawmakers. Washington Nonprofits also has an hour-long webinar on how to advocate legally and effectively.
We thank the Campion Advocacy Fund for their sponsorship of this session!