Organizations thrive when their board and executive leader are able to work together with clearly defined roles and responsibilities.
This is why if your nonprofit isn’t currently using Policy Governance®, our annual workshop “Governance Matters: Create a more powerful board through Policy Governance®” on Thursday, July 14 at Pacific Tower.
Policy Governance® is a set of policies that clarifies the role of the board and defines its relationship with the administrative leader (executive director, head of school, or CEO). The board’s oversight and governance role can be accomplished with less time but greater consistency because of the fact their processes are written down, clear, and more stable.
The board is then free to focus on longer-term strategic issues, deepening community connections, and on the support role of individual board members, including fundraising.
Thursday, July 14, 2016
10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Pacific Tower, Suite #810 - 1200 12th Ave. S, Seattle, WA 98144
- How should a board provide direction to and evaluate the executive director?
- How can the board determine if the organization is achieving its intended end results?
- How can the board focus its time well so it provides value to the organization?
- Board members and executive directors who want to better understand how to more clearly define the authority of the executive and the role of board members
- Executive directors and board members considering whether Policy Governance® would be a good fit for their organization
- New members of Policy Governance® boards who need an introduction to the theory and practices of a PG board