Subscription services (ongoing support)
Small businesses frequently contract for expertise they need but few nonprofits think about how helpful this strategy can be in terms of managing costs and lowering risks. You can contract with 501 Commons for just the hours you need to access experts in the following areas: finances, Salesforce database administration, IT, and HR (generalist or full services, including strategic HR leadership).
Financial management services
We provide bookkeeping/accounting services, including our CPAs serving as your controller and doing your 990. Monthly financial services start at just $260/month (minimum of 4 hours). Services are provided in your offices or remotely, especially if you are outside of the Seattle area, for just the amount of hours you need.
If you use Salesforce it is important to have someone in charge of maintaining the integrity of your system, doing updates, ensuring that staff are using your database appropriately, etc. 501 Commons can provide you with a contracted Salesforce Administrator starting at $150.
The legal risks of operating without someone trained in HR are high. We can provide full HR functions for small and medium-sized organizations and supplement internal staff at either the generalist level or provide senior HR leadership to your organization. Services average at $700 a month.
Consulting and project management
We can also take the lead on completing individual projects when you don’t have the time or feel like you need a fresh perspective. Our skilled staff provide IT, HR, finance, and technology consulting services that'll help you accomplish more of your mission, streamline operations, and reduce costs. Management consulting services are available on a sliding fee scale starting at $40/hour thanks to the professionals in our Executive Service Corps.
- Facilitate a board retreat
- Plan to use volunteers more – and better
- Develop a strategic plan or plan for a move or expansion
- Develop an emergency plan that takes care of your staff and clients
- Upgrade office software or move to the cloud
- Decide what database to use or improve your database
- Provide training to supervisors on topics like diversity & inclusion, conflict resolution, cross-cultural communication, anti-harassment, and more
- Give executives and staff the opportunity to work with a coach
- Survey your staff to understand how they perceive the organization and how satisfied they are in their jobs.
- Develop an emergency preparedness plan that ensures you are caring for staff and clients.
Take a look at the services we provide and make sure you mention 501 Commons at your next planning or budget meeting! If you want to get started now, fill out this Request for Services Form or call us at (206) 682-6704.