Whether we work in the nonprofit sector or serve it (as a consultant, bookkeeper, etc.), we’re a “driven” lot. That’s not to suggest that those exclusively in the private sector don’t have aspirations. But working toward a mission and a sustainable bottom line – versus just the latter – does something to inspire the desire to succeed. Simply put, there’s a “passion” for the cause.
So where does a nonprofit professional or service provider go for learning and networking opportunities – key ingredients for success? Well, if you’re like most people, you could search your “in” and “junk mail” boxes for the endless stream of promos for seminars, conferences, social events, and the like. Some of these are from groups you know. But others leave you wondering, “Is this a reputable org., one with a record of quality and real understanding of nonprofits?”
To help nonprofit professionals find events they can trust, we launched the Featured Events calendar last fall. The calendar and its events are:
- Affiliated with individuals and orgs. in the Statewide Nonprofit Resource Directory, so you know there’s a history of successful sector experience and know-how
- Well-organized and quickly skimmable
- Current and updated many times a week
- Numerous and diverse by nature (e.g., social media & computer trainings, fundraising workshops, award events, and more)
- Sometimes free, although they can cost a fee
- From all over the State…and a few beyond Washington’s borders
Google Analytics tells us that this webpage is a very popular one. Find out why and start looking for your next professional development engagement. Then, bookmark the calendar and check back often. After all, isn’t it time to grow yourself, your network, and your nonprofit?