501 Talks Tech
501 Commons provides free technology workshops that focus on low-cost, sustainable technology tools and solutions that can be implemented in the nonprofit sector. We are seeking people with training experience who want to share their knowledge of technology tools, applications, and processes relevant to nonprofits, which generally have budgets below $1 million.
Sessions are 90-240 minutes long for in-person sessions in Seattle and 45-60 minutes long via webinar. In person sessions should be highly interactive. Webinars are less interactive but allow for questions. 501 Commons will be responsible for all event logistics, including publicity, and will review training materials. As desired, 501 Commons can also provide recognition for the trainer's contribution in social media.
Technology Trainers should have the following:
- Technology training experience
- Training skills that allow you to build trust with the participants.
- Professional and volunteer experience with nonprofits or willingness to learn about nonprofits so you can provide appropriate advice and training content.
Propose a 501 Talks Tech Session
Interested in this opportunity? Contact Jim to propose a topic. Sample topics include:
- Collaboration and Organizational Tools
- Database Planning and Management
- Social Media Tools and Strategies
- Microsoft Office Products: New Tools, Tips, and Tricks
- Google Apps, Adwords, and Analytics
- Moving to the Cloud
- Website Planning and Management
Unsure if your tech expertise translates for nonprofits? Jim can help you refine your topic.