Bookmark this page to receive the latest updates on volunteer opportunities and news for Executive Service Corps members.
How the Executive Service Corps can make GiveBIG Washington 2020 a success!
We are asking Executive Service Corps members to volunteer to help 501 Commons produce a successful GiveBIG Washington, which will benefit 1600 nonprofits. We have volunteer opportunities that fit almost any skill or background, so let us know that you want to help and we will match you with an opportunity. Volunteers anywhere in the state are welcome.
Opportunities include the engagements below. Contact Camille Rochester at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!
- Reach out to your nonprofit contacts to encourage them to register now for GiveBIG! GiveBIG is a cost-effective way to gain new supporters and engage current givers. GiveBIG is now statewide, so we we need service corps members willing to call nonprofits outside of King County to encourage their participation. Want to help increase nonprofit participation across Washington? Review the Spread the Word handout for more information.
- Play a role in our social media campaign. Take a leadership role as a Social Media Campaign Manager or be a Content Creator. Content Creators will work with nonprofits to capture images and stories of nonprofit impact. Minimum 10-hour commitment.
- Rally Coordinators and Rally Program Manager. With the help of local businesses, we want to host rallies across Washington to drive excitement and engagement the weekend before giving day. We need an overall project manager as well as individual rally coordinators throughout the state. Manager: minimum 20-hour commitment; Coordinators: minimum 5-hour commitment.
- Are you passionate about the arts or parks? Become a Fiscal Sponsor Liaison! Help Shunpike or Seattle Parks Foundation coordinate their members. GiveBIG is a critically important opportunity for these small fiscally-sponsored projects. Minimum 10-hour commitment.
- Encourage your company to participate by sponsoring GiveBIG. Sponsorship places your company logo on the website and in print ads. Companies can also donate $100-$1000 for prizes recognizing fundraising victories. We also can make it easy for your company to match employee donations.
501 Connects brings together new and seasoned Executive Service Corps members with 501 Commons staff and board members, as well as invited guests to celebrate our collective impact on the nonprofit community. Enjoy food and drinks, great company, and get briefed on 501 Commons activities and matters pertaining to the nonprofit sector.
We are still planning 501 Connects meetups and other Executive Service Corps engagement opportunities in 2020 and will announce them soon. Do you have a knack for planning fun networking events?
Contact Camille Rochester, 501 Commons Community Engagement Manager, at email@example.com.
Learn to Serve
Learn to Serve workshops engage experts in delivering training on topics that are pertinent to Service Corps members. Build your expertise in relevant areas that will empower you to better serve your nonprofit clients. After all, learning is a continuous process!
Beyond Basic Consulting in Nonprofits: The 'Sticky Wickets' of Consulting
Rescheduling for Spring 2020.
Learn to Serve workshops engage experts in delivering training on topics that are pertinent to Executive Service Corps members. Both new and veteran service corps members will benefit from this interactive seminar, which is intended to increase facilitation and project leadership skill levels to increase your effectiveness and satisfaction with volunteer assignments.
Questions? Contact Camille Rochester, 501 Commons Community Engagement Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Executive Service Corps Connectr
Executive Service Corps Connectr are peer-led roundtable online discussions that will give you the opportunity to share your consulting experiences and learn from each other. Sessions will be conducted via webinar in order to enable volunteer consultants around the state to join in.
Stay tuned for the next Connectr!
Networking and Celebration Events
We hope you will join us at these upcoming celebration and networking events!
Thank you to all who attended our 2019 501 Commons Appreciation and Awards Luncheon.
Our annual luncheon honors outstanding volunteer leaders who've done great work for local nonprofits in the past year. We look forward to another fantastic celebration during the summer of 2020!
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities
If you'd like to utilize your professional skills to empower our community of local nonprofits to thrive, please view these ongoing volunteer opportunities:
- Fund Development: Help nonprofits fundraise by contributing your skills and experience.
- Coaching: We need volunteers with coaching certifications to provide leadership, executive, business, or performance coaching to the senior level leaders.
- General Consulting: Contribute your professional skills in finance, HR, business, and other disciplines.
- Emergency Planning: If you have emergency planning skills or experience as a first-responder, help vulnerable communities prepare for an emergency.