Bookmark this page to receive the latest updates on volunteer opportunities and news for Executive Service Corps members.
Join us for the 501 Commons Appreciation & Awards Event on October 29!
The annual Appreciation & Awards Event is 501 Commons way of expressing gratitude to all our outstanding volunteers who amplify the strengths of hundreds of nonprofits across the Pacific Northwest every year. This event will cover 2019 achievements as the original event was delayed due to COVID-19. Volunteer achievements from 2020 will be covered in an upcoming event in February.
Join us to:
- Celebrate the extraordinary achievements of the Executive Service Corps during 2019
- Hear inspiring stories and honor the exemplary service of award recipients
- Learn about our plans and goals for 2021
Thursday, October 29, 2020 | 12:30 pm to 2:00 p.m.
Log on at 12:15 a.m. to chat with fellow service corps members in a Zoom room or linger a little longer after the session to visit with friends and former consulting partners until 2:15 p.m.
More Free Trainings for Service Corps Members
All 501 Commons events remaining in 2020 will happen online via Zoom. This means that we have no space limitations for volunteers to attend 501 Commons trainings for the rest of the year. If you are interested in attending one or more of these events, please email Kendra, Kendra@501commons.org to receive free entry. Questions about these trainings can also be sent to Kendra.
Executive Director Forum – December 4, 2020, 8:30 to 10:30 a.m., online
Up Your Understanding of Nonprofit Financial Statements – Feb. 11, 2021, 8:30 to 10:30 a.m., Pacific Tower (Panoramic Center), Seattle
501 Connects brings together new and seasoned Executive Service Corps members with 501 Commons staff and board members, as well as invited guests to celebrate our collective impact on the nonprofit community. Enjoy food and drinks, great company, and get briefed on 501 Commons activities and matters pertaining to the nonprofit sector.
Thank you for those who attended our Virtual Executive Service Corps Picnic on July 28. More opportunities to connect remotely are on the way!
Learn to Serve
Learn to Serve workshops engage experts in delivering training on topics that are pertinent to Service Corps members. Build your expertise in relevant areas that will empower you to better serve your nonprofit clients. After all, learning is a continuous process!
Learn to Serve: Online Facilitation - September 24, 2:00 - 4:00 p.m. Register now!
Questions? Contact Camille Rochester, 501 Commons Community Engagement Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Executive Service Corps Connectr
Executive Service Corps Connectr are peer-led roundtable online discussions that will give you the opportunity to share your consulting experiences and learn from each other. Sessions will be conducted via webinar in order to enable volunteer consultants around the state to join in.
Stay tuned for the next Connectr!
Networking and Celebration Events
Our annual luncheon honors outstanding volunteer leaders who've done great work for local nonprofits in the past year. In the fall of 2020 we will be hosting a digital awards program to celebrate the accomplishments of service corps members for 2019. Our 2020 celebration will take place in February.Learn more
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities
If you'd like to utilize your professional skills to empower our community of local nonprofits to thrive, please view these ongoing volunteer opportunities:
- Volunteer Management Corps: Utilize your professional skills to empower a nonprofit to fully harness the time and talent of much needed volunteers, by creating the nuts and bolts of an effective volunteer program. Learn more!
- Prepare. Respond. SERVE: Develop emergency plans for direct service organizations that address contagion and other emergencies using the 501 Commons Prepare.Respond.Serve assessment and plan template. Contact Jan@501commons.org
- Coaching: We need volunteers with coaching certifications (ICF) to provide leadership, executive, business, or performance coaching to the senior level leaders.
- General Consulting: Contribute your professional skills in finance, HR, business, and other disciplines.