Bookmark this page to receive the latest updates on volunteer opportunities and news for Executive Service Corps members.
Free Trainings for Volunteers
Want to attend? Have questions? Email Kendra, Kendra@501commons.org to receive free entry.
Paths Forward for Financially Stressed Nonprofits
– Jan. 26, 2020, 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., online
Up Your Understanding of Nonprofit Financial Statements
– Feb. 11, 2021, 8:30 to 10:30 a.m., online
Paths Forward - Consolidations and Mergers
– Feb. 23, 2020, 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., online
501 Connects brings together new and seasoned Executive Service Corps members with 501 Commons staff and board members, as well as invited guests to celebrate our collective impact on the nonprofit community. Enjoy food and drinks, great company, and get briefed on 501 Commons activities and matters pertaining to the nonprofit sector.
Thank you for those who attended our Virtual Executive Service Corps Picnic on July 28. More opportunities to connect remotely are on the way!
Learn to Serve
Learn to Serve workshops engage experts in delivering training on topics that are pertinent to Service Corps members. Build your expertise in relevant areas that will empower you to better serve your nonprofit clients. After all, learning is a continuous process!
Interested in hosting a Learn to Serve? Contact Camille Rochester, 501 Commons Community Engagement Manager, at email@example.com.
Executive Service Corps Connectr
Executive Service Corps Connectr are peer-led roundtable online discussions that will give you the opportunity to share your consulting experiences and learn from each other. Sessions will be conducted via webinar in order to enable volunteer consultants around the state to join in.
Stay tuned for the next Connectr!
Networking and Celebration Events
Our annual luncheon honors outstanding volunteer leaders who've done great work for local nonprofits in the past year. In the fall of 2020 we will be hosting a digital awards program to celebrate the accomplishments of service corps members for 2019. Our 2020 celebration will take place in February.Learn more
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities
If you'd like to utilize your professional skills to empower our community of local nonprofits to thrive, please view these ongoing volunteer opportunities:
- Volunteer Management Corps: Utilize your professional skills to empower a nonprofit to fully harness the time and talent of much needed volunteers, by creating the nuts and bolts of an effective volunteer program. Learn more!
- Prepare. Respond. SERVE: Develop emergency plans for direct service organizations that address contagion and other emergencies using the 501 Commons Prepare.Respond.Serve assessment and plan template. Contact Jan@501commons.org
- Coaching: We need volunteers with coaching certifications (ICF) to provide leadership, executive, business, or performance coaching to the senior level leaders.
- General Consulting: Contribute your professional skills in finance, HR, business, and other disciplines.