You are here:

Federal Government Departments

Eligible nonprofits often work with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) on becoming a tax-exempt organization (a "501(c)(3)" for most nonprofits). However, there are many other reasons groups need to connect with the IRS or learn about federal government requirements. When nonprofits have employees or contractors, information from the Department of Labor is equally important.

The links here are commonly needed ones for nonprofit organizations. We hope to bring you more in the future. In the meantime, if you have specific questions related to what you find, please contact the relevant federal agency.


Corporation for National & Community Service (CNCS)

Department of Labor (DOL)

Internal Revenue Service (IRS)

Federal Response to COVID-19