We have created this list of resources for nonprofit leaders trying to navigate this new and ever-changing reality. Given that so much information is being created, our intention is to curate this lists to present you with the best and most frequently updated sources.
We will be updating this page regularly as the situation changes and/or new resources are discovered. Please send your suggestions for inclusion to firstname.lastname@example.org.
These state associations are leading the charge with federal, state, and local governments to advocate for support for the nonprofit sector. We rely on them to be our voice. Please join your state association!
- Washington Nonprofits Coronavirus Response Resources
- Nonprofit Association of Oregon Coronavirus Resources
- Idaho Nonprofit Center COVID-19 Resources
- Emergency and business continuity planning (501 Commons)
- No business continuity plan? Take these four steps (Nonprofit Risk Management Center)
- COVID-19 Nonprofit Resources List (crowdsourced Google doc)
Communications & Development
- COVID-19 Response Fund (Seattle Foundation)
- How to reach your donors and volunteers (Aspen Leadership Group)
- King County Community Communications Network, CCN
- King County Regional Donations Connector
- Market drops and crisis: fundraising lessons and your lighthouse (John Pepperdine)
- Talking about coronavirus: centering language around inclusion, empowerment, & justice (Opportunity Agenda)
- Library of resources for fundraising through the coronavirus crisis (Bloomerang)
- How to write an emergency E-appeal (Work Less Raise More)
Economic Resources for Individuals
- Oregon State Unemployment Agency
- Washington State Unemployment Agency
- Tax implications of Families First Coronavirus Response Act (BKD)
Finance, Funding, & CARES Act Programs
- COVID-Related Federal Funding
- Emergency Funding for Nonprofits (501 Commons)
- Database of Private COVID19 Relief Funds in Washington (Covid19HelpWa)
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Coronavirus Relief Options
- Loans Available for Nonprofits in the CARES Act (Council of Nonprofits)
- New Federal Measures to Benefit NPOs (Nonprofit Quarterly)
- New Funding opportunity for Central District Seattle organizations (The Seattle University Center for Community Engagement (CCE) is seeking community-based organizations to partner with central Seattle elementary students and their families to provide math and socio-emotional support in the COVID era. Awards from $40,000-$75,000 to deepen programs through summer and during fall re-entry into schools.)
- Philanthropic Funding
- Coronavirus and COVID-19 vetted funds (GivingCompass)
- List of PNW COVID-19 Response Funds (Philanthropy Northwest)
- COVID-19 Response Fund (Seattle Foundation)
- The Rapid Resource Fund (This fund invests in short-term opportunities that have the potential to spark or contribute toward system-level change in service of Road Map Project goals.)
- Child Care Partnership grant program (WA State Department of Commerce - Funding will support grants up to $100,000 each for collaborative efforts that expand child care capacity in communities throughout the state.)
- Elementary Learning Support Grant Opportunity (New Funding opportunity for Renton and Tukwila)
- All in Washington's COVID Relief Fund (emergency flexible financial assistance)
- Are We Covered? You Nonprofit's Insurance Policies and COVID-19 Claims
- Can you cancel a contract due to Coronavirus? (Purdue University)
- Financial leadership in the face of impossible choices (CLA)
- From sustainability to survivability (Spectrum Nonprofit Services)
- Guide to Surviving Financial Scams (Interest)
- Resilient Fundraising Strategies and Alternatives to Meeting in Person (WaNonProfitInstitute)
- Forgiveness for Medical Debt - Dollar For
- Healthier Here- Physical and Mental Health Resources
- King County Public Health Department
- Free Open Testing Locatins for COVID-19 - King County
- COVID-19 Small Business Resources
- Coronavirus & Volunteers: Your Guide for Managing Uncertainty
- Department of Social & Health Services (Washington State)
- Emergency Support Matrix
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA)
- Fisher-Phillips FAQs
- Identifying Critical Infrastructure During Covid-19
- Key Employee Benefit and Compensation Issues to Consider during COVID(JDSupra)
- Legal Help & Public Benefits (Solid-Ground)
- Nonprofit HR Coronavirus Digital Information Portal (Nonprofit HR)
- Paid Family and Medical Leave (Washington State)
- Managing Through Tough Times, Eight Steps (Bridgespan)
Leadership & Governance
- Employer FAQ on Unemployment & Return to Work (HealthierHere)
- Government Resources
- Managing through tough times, including early reports from Seattle nonprofits (Bridgespan)
- Three tips on crisis management for leaders (Alex Counts)
- Washington State's Official Corona Virus Response page
- What nonprofit board members should be doing (BoardSource)
- Navigating the Legal Landscape During a Pandemic (Online Legal Studies Programs)
Remote Work & Virtual Service Delivery
- Prepare. Respond. Serve., a special project created by 501 Commons in conjunction with TechImpact to help guide organizations implementing remote workand virtual service delivery. Includes HR and volunteer related resources
- Virtual workplaces: Technology and HR considerations (501 Commons)
- Nonprofit Resources for Remote Work During the Covid-19 Outbreak (Tech Soup) Includes options that can be implemented relatively quickly, with little or no external tech support to keep communication flowing and foster collaboration while staff members work remotely.
- Understanding Videoconferencing Tools Available to Your Nonprofit (Tech Soup) Includes a side-by-side comparison of different tools.
- WA State Guidance on Volunteers during coronavirus pandemic
- United Way of King County curated list of volunteer resources in response to COVID
- Energize - Supporting Volunteer Efforts During Coronavirus
- 501 Commons Volunteer Management Resource including COVID volunteer resouces
- Volunteer service form samples for nonprofits (Washington Nonprofits)
Webinars Hosted by 501 Commons
In this hour-long webinar, we’ll discuss solutions to help your organization’s bookkeeping more virtual to make it easy for you, your staff and your board to work from anywhere. The major topics we’ll cover include:
- QuickBooks Online
- What should you know about transitioning from QuickBooks Desktop to Online?
- What major differences should you expect between the two platforms?
- What does the actual transition process to QuickBooks Online look like?
- Accounts Payable and Reimbursements
- We’ll discuss multiple options that allow you to pay vendors entirely remotely.
- We’ll show you options to capture receipts and reimburse employees or for your organizational credit cards.
From remote work, remote team management and staffing changes, nonprofits are having to adapt to COVID-19 and the myriad of impacts the virus. This webinar will include a discussion of practices for managing and leading remote teams, especially for organizations accustomed to an office culture. We’ll also cover practices and recommendations for organizations having to make difficult staffing decisions in the face of financial uncertainty.
What your org can do immediately to get set up remotely, longer term resources that ultimately leave you more resilient & Q&A with Experts.