With the world-wide spread of COVID-19 affecting everyone across the globe, we have created this list of resources for nonprofit leaders trying to navigate this new and ever-changing reality. Given that so much information is being created, our intention is to curate this lists to present you with the best and most frequently updated sources.
We will be updating this page regularly as the situation changes and/or new resources are discovered. Please send your suggestions for inclusion to email@example.com.
GiveBIG can be a boon to your fundraising efforts this spring, especially if your annual gala/event was cancelled.
Registration deadline has been extended to April 29, 2020.
These state associations are leading the charge as federal, state and local organization to advocate for support for the nonprofit sector. We rely on them to be our voice. Please join your state association!
- Washington Nonprofits Coronavirus Response Resources
- Nonprofit Association of Oregon Coronavirus Resources
- Idaho Nonprofit Center COVID-19 Resources
- Are We Covered? You Nonprofit's Insurance Policies and COVID-19 Claims
- Emergency and business continuity planning (501 Commons)
- No business continuity plan? Take these four steps (Nonprofit Risk Management Center)
- Identifying Critical Infrastructure During Covid-19
- Key Employee Benefit and Compensation Issues to Consider during COVID(JDSupra)
- Nonprofit HR Coronavirus Digital Information Portal (Nonprofit HR)
- The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (KFF)
- The Shelter-in-Place Volunteer
Finance & Accounting
- Emergency Funding for Nonprofits (501 Commons)
- List of PNW COVID-19 Response Funds (Philanthropy Northwest)
- Tax implications of Families First Coronavirus Response Act (BKD)
- SBA Disaster Loans process (SBA)
- Financial leadership in the face of impossible choices (CLA)
- Coronavirus and COVID-19 vetted funds (GivingCompass)
- From sustainability to survivability (Spectrum Nonprofit Services)
- New Federal Measures to Benefit NPOs (Nonprofit Quarterly)
- Oregon State Unemployment Agency
- Washington State Unemployment Agency
Development & Communications
- King County Regional Donations Connector
- COVID-19 Response Fund (Seattle Foundation)
- How to reach your donors and volunteers (Aspen Leadership Group)
- Market drops and crisis: fundraising lessons and your lighthouse (John Pepperdine)
- Talking about coronavirus: centering language around inclusion, empowerment, and justice (Opportunity Agenda)
- Library of resources for fundraising through the coronavirus crisis (Bloomerang)
- How to write an emergency E-appeal (Work Less Raise More)
Leadership & Governance
- Government Resources
- What nonprofit board members should be doing (BoardSource)
- Managing through tough times, including early reports from Seattle nonprofits (Bridgespan)
- Three tips on crisis management for leaders (Alex Counts)
Remote Work & Virtual Service Delivery
- Prepare. Respond. Serve., a special project created by 501 Commons in conjunction with TechImpact to help guide organizations implementing remote workand virtual service delivery. Includes HR and volunteer related resources
- Virtual workplaces: Technology and HR considerations (501 Commons)
- Nonprofit Resources for Remote Work During the Covid-19 Outbreak (Tech Soup) Includes options that can be implemented relatively quickly, with little or no external tech support to keep communication flowing and foster collaboration while staff members work remotely.
- Understanding Videoconferencing Tools Available to Your Nonprofit (Tech Soup) Includes a side-by-side comparison of different tools.
- WA State Guidance on Volunteers during coronavirus pandemic
- United Way of King County curated list of volunteer resources in response to COVID
- Energize - Supporting Volunteer Efforts During Coronavirus
- ...More resources
- COVID-19 Nonprofit Resources List (crowdsourced Google doc)