Finding the right space is an important step in starting or expanding your organization. Striking the perfect balance between affordability, functionality, and location can be daunting, especially when faced with budget restraints, legal and contractual considerations, and an ever-changing market. Here, 501 Commons provides some resources that we believe will help you navigate the process of finding a new office, carrying out a capital campaign, managing your building or space, or simply renewing your current lease.
- Facility Management: Overview & Best Practices - An introduction to facility management (FM) that illustrates how modern FM best practices can positively impact a building's "triple bottom line."
- Facility Expansion and Renovation Planning for Capital Projects and Campaigns [PDF download] - Use this comprehensive guide from the Gates Family Foundation to walk you through the process of running a successful capital campaign.
- Tips for Nonprofits on Negotiating and Renewing Office Space Leases [Word download] - Things to know to navigate office leasing and renewals.
- Glossary of Real Estate Terms [Word download] - Start with the basics! Here is a list of uncommon words commonly used in the real estate world.
- The Nonprofit Finance Fund provides financing services to nonprofits on project such as upgrading facilities or purchasing real estate.