501 Commons and Washington Nonprofits are teaming up to provide guidance and resources on “Returning to the Workplace.” This resources will expand and be updated regularly to help you determine and implement your workplace safety policies & practices for your organization. Please check back regularly for updates.
Your Legal Obligation to Provide a Safe Workplace
Now is the time to think about our legal requirements as employers and our moral responsibilities to our employees, volunteers, and community members. Here are some articles/tools to help you get started:
- This article in Harvard Business Review “Help Your Employees Who Are Anxious About Returning to the Office” provides a good primer on how executives/supervisors should approach this issue.
- Read Washington Nonprofits executive director Laura Pierce’s thoughts on what reopening means for the sector.
- Also, watch this 90-minute webinar provided by Washington Nonprofits on returning to the workplace that was recorded on June 23.
- Read Job Accommodation Network’s guidance on ensuring employees with disabilities can safely return to in-person work.
- If your organization is using a “hybrid” model where some workers remain remote, while others return to the office/workplace, check out the National Council of Nonprofits’ resources on managing a telecommuting team.
If you have a policy, forms, or a practice you would like to share, please contact Greg@501commons.org. Sharing resources will help us evolve our practices and lessen the load of doing this unique work.