Does your organization utilize a lot of volunteers? Need to keep track of your donor base? Good database planning and management can help you use this information to make good decisions while avoiding the pitfalls of "bad data." Check out these resources so you can work effectively with your database!
Note: Contact information in presentations may be out-of-date. Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
501 Tech Talks
Tableau for Nonprofits
- The Asylum Seekers dataset – the example data used in the training session, should you want to work with it or reproduce what was done in the training.
- Tableau Service Corps – get help with Tableau for your nonprofit.
- Tableau for Nonprofits – get Tableau for your small to mid-size nonprofit.
Data Management for Nonprofits
Managing Potential Supporters
This Choosing a Database Worksheet Packet [PDF] includes several tools to help in the database selection process, including:
- An organization process map table sample
- A functional requirements outline sample
- A software features priority map sample
- Software selection matrix
- Links to additional resources
Managing Relationships at Your Org - an indepth article by Tech Soup Canada
Measuring Along the Ladder of Engagement (A Grist.org Case Study) - by Beth Kanter