501 Commons has compiled a list of best practices in volunteer management to help you engage the people who serve your mission. You will also find other important materials such as sample volunteer handbooks, job descriptions, surveys, training manuals, flow charts, and information to help you assess your needs.
Volunteer Management Workshops
Please join us for the upcoming training*:
- Engaging Equipping, and Retaining Volunteers: Sept. 29, Oct. 6, and Oct. 13; 10-11am
*The low registration fees are made possible thanks to generous funding from United Way of King County.
- A webinar on The Basics to Building a Strong Volunteer Program, presented by Washington Nonprofits
- VolunteerPro's The Essential Guide to Managing Volunteers at Your Nonprofit
Volunteer Management Assistance
Do you have a question related to effectively engaging volunteers that you cannot find an answer to? Or a great resource you think we should include in this guide? Please send us your feedback! We would love to hear from you.
Need one on one support? Schedule a quick consult or revitalize your volunteer program with Volunteer Navigator! Interested organizations receive one-on-one expert level coaching which can include an assessment of your volunteer program, personalized recommendations, and hands-on consulting to realize tangible improvements.
Contact Jan Burrell to schedule an initial discussion today!
Need help creating or managing virtual volunteer opportunities?
- Take advantage of free online training on how to develop a skills-based volunteer program
- Capacity Commons offers this Pro Bono Guidebook as well
- Jayne Cravens, co-author of The Last Virtual Volunteering Guidebook, has Examples of Virtual Volunteering Activities
- WA Nonprofits offers this Liability Form
- Visit VolunteerMatch's virtual volunteering page for more ideas.