501 Commons has compiled a list of best practices in volunteer management to help you engage the people who serve your mission. You will also find other important materials such as sample volunteer handbooks, job descriptions, surveys, training manuals, flow charts, and information to help you assess your needs.
Volunteer Management Guide
For more background on successful volunteer programs check out:
- A webinar on The Basics to Building a Strong Volunteer Program, presented by Washington Nonprofits
- VolunteerPro's The Essential Guide to Managing Volunteers at Your Nonprofit
VIP Volunteer Management Corps
Volunteer Management Workshops
501 Commons hosts a variety of workshops, via partnerships with United Way of King County and Serve Washington, that are designed to help you improve your volunteer management practices. Current offerings are as follows:
- Advanced Volunteer Engagement Strategies in Vancouver, WA on 9/17
- Advanced Volunteer Engagement Strategies in Olympia, WA on 9/24
- Stay tuned for more offerings within King County and beyond!
Have Any Questions?
Do you have feedback or something to add to the Volunteer Management Guide? Or do you have questions about volunteer management best practices? Contact Stephanie Heffner today!