When you need to make improvements to your financial systems, polices, and procedures, consider partnering with us for a consulting project. Projects typically last one to three months, based on the hours required to complete the work. Depending on the project scope, consultants are drawn from our financial services staff, or our Executive Service Corps program. Either way, the consultant is chosen to match the project.
Common Project Topics
Projects encompass a range of topics; some of the most common include:
- Setting up or making improvements to your bookkeeping system.
- Assessing and advising on internal controls
- Evaluating financial policies and procedures
- Reviewing your books and making recommendations for improvements to financial reporting
- Financial training for your board or staff members
- Budgeting process guidance and support
How it Works
501 Commons has a mix of bookkeepers, accountants and CPAs who are available to meet your needs affordably. Because we work with more than 60 organizations on an ongoing basis, we have a good understanding of the practical considerations that impact effective process improvements and change implementation.
As a nonprofit ourselves, we understand the challenges of providing meaningful financial information to boards, funders, and donors, balanced with the need to be cost-effective, yet rigorous, in maintaining the integrity of financial processes.