Say Hello to GiveBIG Washington!
GiveBIG is back and will take place May 6, 2020 with a new look and new features. GiveBIG 2019 culminated on May 8, 2019 and raised $11.4 million from online donations, company matching gifts, donor matching funds, sponsors, and in-kind donations. Almost 1,500 nonprofits creating hope, health, and happiness in communities across Washington benefited from GiveBIG. In 2020, the giving will continue and grow!
GiveBIG Washington is a day where individuals and organizations come together and make an investment in the communities we want to live in through supporting Washington-based nonprofits. When we give, we make a conscious step towards creating the society we want to live in.
Invest in Your Organization's Success
Free Nonprofit Fundraising Assistance Provided by 501 Commons
501 Commons has expanded training and support to nonprofits so that they can encourage their supporters to create effective peer-to-peer campaigns, use GiveBIG Washington to identify new donors, and leverage matching funds to increase donations.
Not a fundraising expert? Nonprofits that have registered to participate in GiveBIG receive the Fundraising Accelerator newsletter right to their inbox every two weeks leading up to the campaign with actionable next-steps and links to resources and tools to keep you moving forward in your preparations for GiveBIG.
Start Planning Now
Begin planning your GiveBIG campaign to make the most out of GiveBIG Washington 2020!
GiveBIG can be a powerful tool to help nonprofits identify new donors. Over the last three years, more than 20% of the donations organizations received were from first-time donors. We can increase that number by broadening the reach of the overall promotional campaign and by engaging people who are passionate about nonprofits to reach out to first-time givers.
How can your nonprofit ensure that donors find out about your mission and impact? To be successful during GiveBIG, you have to "prime the pump" by designing and implementing a successful promotional campaign from start to finish.
Upcoming Trainings and Events
Trainings are targeted to either Essentials or Next Level. Trainings are provided by our training partner The Ostara Group. All trainings are FREE to registered GiveBIG participating organizations.
- October Kick-off Webinar: Preparing for GiveBIG Washington 2020 with Ostara Group Recording: Preparing for GiveBIG Washington 2020, including fundraising strategies and updates for 2020. Presenters: Nancy Long and Camille Rochester of 501 Commons, Rebecca Zanatta and Cami Aurioles of The Ostara Group, and Alex Bieling of CiviCore.
- The Essentials of GiveBIG Success Webinar - Tuesday, Feb. 25, 1:00 to 3:00 p.m.
- Creating Your Next Level GiveBIG Campaign Webinar - Wednesday, Feb. 26, 1:00 to 3:00 p.m.
- The Essentials of GiveBIG Success - Wednesday, Mar. 4, 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
- Creating Your Next Level GiveBIG Campaign - Tuesday, Mar. 24, 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
Stay in the Loop
Don't miss out on timely GiveBIG Washington updates and information about fundraising training. Even if you are not yet registered for GiveBIG, subscribing to our newsletter will keep you informed and ready for 2020!
GiveBIG Nonprofit Advisory Council
Council members champion the day of giving, raising awareness of GiveBIG within the nonprofit community. The Council advises 501 Commons and its partners in areas such as media engagement, promotional strategies, sponsorship, fundraising training, recommending improvements to the GiveBIG campaign, and more.
GiveBIG Nonprofit Advisory Council Members
- Rachel Perry of Auburn Symphony Orchestra
- Kathy Ulrich of Communities in Schools of Renton-Tukwila
- Nate Jonhold of Easterseals Washington
- Bridget H. Ray of Na'ah Illahee Fund
- Mary Ann Lambert of New Beginnings
- Stacy Sage of Open Doors for Multicultural Families
- Tereza Marks of Pawsitive Alliance
- Wendy Armour of PSESD Learning Communities Foundation
- Rick Malley-Crawford of Recovery Café
- Shellie Willis of Redefining You Foundation
- Shelley Lawson of Seattle Area Feline Rescue
- Claire Catania of Seattle Audubon
- Angelo Ignacio of Seattle Children's
- Scott Chin of Seattle's Union Gospel Mission
- Kim Arent of The American Cancer Society
- Andrea Britt of The Hope Project
- Jaron Bernstein of University Heights Center
- Carol Goertzel of Vashon Youth and Family Services
- Angela Chapman of Youth Eastside Services (YES)
- Sarah Breece of YMCA of Greater Seattle
Looking Back on GiveBIG 2019
Thank You to Our 2020 Sponsors and Partners
The GiveBIG Washington campaign is funded by nonprofit registration fees and by our generous financial sponsors and media partners. The online platform provided by CiviCore is supported by a $1.7% donation fee. In 2019 82% of donors generously opted to cover the platform and credit card processing fees, making the fees paid by nonprofits less than 1%.