501 Commons can help you tell your story. What makes your organization unique and effective? What messages and media will attract beneficiaries, volunteers, donors, funders, and other supporters?
Good communication skills are essential to effective leadership. And clear, powerful communications need to be based on research, carefully planned out, and then carried forward with consistency as well as creativity.
How It Works
Our consultants will help you build your organization's communications and marketing savvy, provide hands-on help in creating your own materials, or prepare you to work with a graphic designer or marketing company.
We can help you to:
- Figure out what you need to say, identify who you want to say it, and craft a compelling story
- Review grant requests
- Develop marketing plans
- Master social media
- Develop client, volunteer, and donor recruitment strategies and campaigns
- Create a newsletter or brochure with pizazz
- Cultivate media contacts and get free publicity
- Use special events as a communications megaphone
- Promote new programs and reach new audiences
- Conduct interviews and focus groups
- Develop communications for advocacy and mobilization
- Create and implement marketing and customer surveys
Getting your message through doesn't have to be expensive. We can help you use free or low-cost tools. A thoughtful communications or marketing plan can turbocharge your existing communications, focus your social media strategies, and better target limited resources.
Much of what you are trying to do will be easier to accomplish if you have a communications strategy, a clear plan, and the right communications tools and messages.