Salesforce is an industry-leading customer relationship management (CRM) database system used by nonprofit organizations and small businesses everywhere.
Whether you are new to the platform or are already using it at your nonprofit, there’s always more to learn about Salesforce as a platform!
In the past we’ve offered two training sessions, Salesforce Essentials Training and Salesforce Administrator Training, on a regularly scheduled basis. However, with Salesforce now offering Trailhead, their online learning tool, the need for 501 Commons to offer these training opportunities has changed. Since many people learn best through in-person sessions, we will continue to offer training when there is a request for them.
The Salesforce Essentials is a 3 hour long classroom style training session, at the end of which, participants will be able to:
- Understand components of the Nonprofit Starter Pack
- Find information quickly and efficiently
- Create a view to customize a list of Contacts
- Edit Household Naming conventions
- Create Tasks and Events
- Enter and edit Contacts, Accounts, Donations/Opportunities and Campaigns
- Understand how to create and use Affiliations and Relationships
- Use Campaigns to group Contacts and communicate using Mail Merge
- Run and edit standard predefined reports and dashboards
- All trainings will be scheduled from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at 501 Commons’ Pacific Tower office and participants are required to bring their own laptop to participate in the hands-on work tasks
To make a request for our trainings, please send a message to email@example.com with the following information: Your name, e-mail address, organization name, a brief description of your experience with Salesforce, an explanation of your organization's training needs, and dates you are available to attend a training (these should be at least two weeks out to accommodate existing schedules).