501 Commons provides 30+ consulting and support services to meet the needs of organizations of all sizes and subsectors. (Check out our clients.) We serve nonprofits, educational organizations, and government agencies. While we are located in Seattle,Washington, many of our services are available to organizations anywhere in the United States.
- Consulting and "back-office" services include: Technology, data systems, finance, management consulting, human resources, leadership development, and more. Use the Request for Assistance Form to let us know how we can help.
- Information and referral services are FREE: Use the Request for Assistance form to tell us if you need general guidance on a nonprofit topic or a referral to qualified service providers.
Have a technical question or specific problem you need to resolve quickly?
You can get professional guidance for $25 per 15-minute increment up to two hours. We will attempt to respond to you within 72 hours. We are discounting this easy-access service by 25% for organizations with budgets below $1.5 million.
- HR: Contact email@example.com
- Finance: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Technology: Complete this form.
Accessible and Affordable Services
You can focus on your mission and let us handle the technical and administrative details by providing you with just the amount of IT support, database administration, finance, payroll, and human resources you need. How great is that?
Projects & Consulting
For project or consulting needs, you can contract with us for a wide range of technology and management consulting needs. Want to ditch your mash-up of databases? Need an emergency plan? Set your sights on developing a social enterprise to bring in revenue?
Many services are made more affordable because of the involvement of pro bono consultants and support from our philanthropic partners.
Training & Convenings
We also offer peer-learning opportunities and for executives, staff, and board members. Find trainings provided by 501 Commons or others on Learning Connections.
To learn more about how we work with nonprofits, visit the ". If you do not see what you are looking for, never fear. Soup to nuts...likely we can meet your needs or refer you to someone who can. Just fill out the .
Responding to COVID and the economic downturn
- If your organization is on the front lines providing direct services and needs to develop an Emergency Operating Plan, our Prepare.Respond.Serve. program can help you do this.
- If you need to lay off administrative staff because of a funding downturn, talk to us about securing contracted HR, finance, database, or technology support.
- Visit our new www.preparerespondserve.org for technology and HR recommendations.In this crisis some organizations are not able to continue operations. If you need to develop a plan for temporarily closing or for a permanent closure of the organization, reach out and we can help you do this in a legally compliant way.
- Visit our new www.preparerespondserve.org for technology and HR recommendations.
- Need funds to replace those lost when an event was canceled or to meet rising costs? Create an online campaign for #GivingTuesday on December 1 and plan to participate in GiveBIG Washington 2021 on May 4-5, 2021.
Facts matter. When you are making your case to a donor, encouraging your top job applicant to take the job, or giving staff the tools they need to deliver high-impact programs, facts matter. We can help you get your facts straight, secure information you have gathered from volunteers, donors, clients and others, and tell more powerful stories. We can help you select a database, migrate from a current database to the new one or improve and maintain what you have. and Kerry Morrison will be in touch.
All the details. Managed by a pro. Nearly 100 organizations have put their financials in hands of a 501 Commons accountant. Contact jenny@501Commons.org for more information about our Financial Services can improve your financial systems...and may even save you money.Request assistance
Whether you need board development, strategic planning, communications help or any other consulting service, we can provide you with expert - and affordable - consultants.Select Services
We can develop and maintain your technology infrastructure, intranet, board portal, and database. Having the right technology makes staff more productive and protects your data.Meet Your Tech Needs
Human Resources Services
We also provide ongoingto help you care for your most important resource: your staff. Get HR Support
We will help you manage your money while you manage your mission. We can do payroll, 990's and ongoing bookkeeping services. We also provide training for staff and boards and set up your financial systems and policies.Find Out More
Affordable convenings, learning opportunities, coaches, and executive advisors are available to provide nonprofit leaders with the support they need to lead effectively.Get The Right Support
Our current action-learning program is Volunteer Management Corps In difficult times having a well managed volunteer program makes a huge difference. This program gives you the additional support to to strengthen your volunteer program.Join In
501 Commons' Events & Training Opportunities
501 Commons offers events and trainings designed to meet the needs of nonprofit professionals.Find Events
Meeting, Conference and Event Space in Pacific Tower
If you are looking for space for board meetings, program gatherings, fundraisers and other important events in King County, please consider Pacific Tower!